MonTECH Program Director, Rural Institute for Inclusive Communities
The University of Montana invites applications to fill the position of Program Director for MonTECH at the Rural Institute for Inclusive Communities at the University of Montana. MonTECH provides assistive technology tools and services to people throughout the state of Montana and oversees various assistive technology (AT) programs.
The successful candidate will solicit input from various stakeholders to effectively promote and direct the program. The program director will demonstrate discretion and independent judgment in regard to program efforts and will be responsible for remaining current with developments in the field of assistive technology. This position will directly supervise staff, manage multiple grants and contract budgets and coordinate assistive technology services throughout the state. Consultation and collaboration will be key functions of this position, both internally and externally.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Master's degree in a related field and five years of experience related to the essential functions of the position, OR an equivalent level of education and experience to meet the minimum qualifications of the position.
- Demonstrated competence in program management, communication, and effective staff supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and network with multiple stakeholders, including people with disabilities, their families, and those who serve them.
- Demonstrated experience in grant, budget, and contract development and management.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing state-level training and technical assistance initiatives.
- Basic knowledge of assistive technology to promote full inclusion of people with various types of disabilities in education, community living, and employment.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize data and other information to problem-solve and develop/monitor goals and objectives for programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work well on a team and deliver effective leadership.
Preferred Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities
- Doctoral degree in a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in marketing, outreach, and public awareness activities.
- Demonstrated experience in large and small group presentations.
- Knowledge, experience with, and understanding of the federal Assistive Technology Act, including relevant rules and regulations; disability policies and regulations; Medicaid and private health insurance, Vocational Rehabilitation, Special Education, Centers for Independent Living, Montana Board of Housing, Montana Protection and Advocacy; and public and private agencies that serve older persons and individuals with various disabilities.
- Enhanced knowledge of assistive technology to promote full inclusion of people with various types of disabilities in education, community living, and employment.
How to Apply
Applications received by February 7, 2016 will be guaranteed full consideration, and applications received after may be considered. Screening begins 2/8/16. Open Until Filled.
Applicants are required to submit the following materials online at http://bit.ly/1431UMT
- Letter of Interest – please also address the stated required skills for the position
- Detailed resume listing education and describing work experience
- Names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References. *References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing. Individual hiring departments at UM-M may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility. All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
Need additional help? Check out our UM Jobs FAQ website.