Webinar: Introduction to Interveners
The Montana Deaf-Blind Project is pleased to welcome Julie Maier, California Deafblind Services Educational Specialist, to provide an introduction to and overview of interveners. Attend this free webinar for answers to questions such as:
- What is an Intervener?
- How do they differ from paraprofessionals and interpreters?
- Why might students with deaf-blindness need an intervener?
- How do you determine that an individual student needs an intervener?
- What skills and training does someone need to be an intervener?
- Where can they learn those skills/obtain that training?
- What is the Cogswell-Macy Act and what does it have to do with intervener services?
MT OPI renewal unit credit is available.
Monday, August 9, 2021
9:00-10:30 AM Mountain Daylight Time