April 15 Webinar Information:
- Everyone Communicates! Session 1 Powerpoint File with Notes
- Communication Map – Blank Form
- Recorded Webinar – Session 1
- NCSC module 1: Identify Communication – This module is available on the NCSC wiki site.
- Research Highlights and Resources:
- Calculator, S., & Black, T. (2009). Validation of an inventory of best practices in the provision of augmentative and alternative communication services to students with severe disabilities in general education classrooms. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 18(4), 329-342.
- Romski, M., & Sevcik, R. (2005). Augmentative communication and early intervention: Myths and realities. Infants & Young Children, 18(3), 174-185.
- Rowland, C., & Schweigert. P. (2000). Tangible symbols, tangible outcomes. Augmentative and Alternative Communication, 16(2), 61-78.
- Snell, M., Brady, N., McLean, L., Ogletree, B. et al. (2010). Twenty years of communication and Intervention research with individuals who have severe intellectual and developmental disabilities. American Journal on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, 115(5), 364-380.
Instructions for Video Activities