The Children’s Autism Waiver renewal was approved by CMS. A letter will be mailed to families who have children currently enrolled in the Waiver. Please see the PDF letter for more details.
The Montana Children’s Special Health Services (CSHS) Survey was mailed to a sample of families with a child(ren) or youth with special health care needs (CYSHCN) in Montana. Deadline to submit the Survey is May 15th, 2017. If you intend to mail in your survey please do so no later than 4-5 business days prior to the May 15th deadline.
- We are in our final phase of the CSHS Project and will be hosting Community Discussion Forums across Montana in April and May 2017. During these forums, parents and primary caregivers of CYSHCN will be asked to discuss and interpret the Montana Children’s Special Health Services Survey current findings.
In conjunction with National Autism Awareness Month this April, several University of Montana departments and organizations will join forces to call attention to Autism Spectrum Disorder, which affects about one in every 68 children in the U.S. and is the fastest-growing disability category in Montana’s public education system.
Students and faculty members from UM’s psychology, communicative sciences and disorders, and teaching and learning departments will highlight the University’s efforts to address ASD, as well as provide information and resources, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, April 5, on the UM Oval.
Volunteers with the UM student groups Operation Smile and Students in Communication and Hearing Working in Action (SCHWA) also will participate, and UM mascot Monte will be on hand from 1 to 2 p.m.
This fun event supports a fund for educational materials for kids on the autism spectrum at the Child Development Center. Celebrate Acceptance, April 7 from 5 - 8pm at MSO Hub/Bicycle Hangar, 140 N. Higgins, Missoula, MT
Thursday, April 13, 2017
10:30 AM - 12:00 PM MDT
Presenters will share ideas of activities promoting work and college readiness for students with disabilities that can be facilitated by Montana Vocational Rehabilitation staff in the classroom. In addition to suggested activities, developed curricula and free resources will be shared.
More Articles ...
- Independent Living Skills and Resources for Transition-Age Youth
- More Than Words® on June 23-25, 2017
- Jace Peterson – Wheels Across Montana
- Preparing Students with Disabilities for Careers and College through an Evolution of Pre-ETS Activities Part 2