Health Care Transition Guide
Planning Your Transition from Pediatric to Adult Health Care: A Workbook to Help You Take Charge of Your Health is designed for Montanans under age 30 living with special health care needs and/or a disability. It offers information about preparing for the transition from pediatric to adult health care, choosing medical providers, paying for services, taking responsibility for one's own health, and much more. Ideally, the workbook will be used as a guide for conversations between youth, their parents, and their medical providers.
Workbook contents include:
- Introduction (Why Research Options and Plan in Advance?)
- Transitioning from Pediatric to Adult Health Care (Talking with Your Health Care Provider; Choosing an Adult Health Care Provider; Finding and Paying for Health Care; Coordinating a Smooth Transfer of Care; and Taking Responsibility for Your Health Care)
- Getting Organized (Health Care Information Summary; Health Care Portfolios; Technology; and Emergency Information)
- The Affordable Care Act – An Overview (Individual Mandate; Health Insurance Marketplaces; Essential Health Benefits; Expanded Access; and Preventive Care)
- Private Health Care Coverage Options (Definitions; Types of Private Coverage; How to Choose; and Resources)
- Public Health Care Coverage Options (Medicaid; Healthy Montana Kids; Children’s Special Health Services; Medicare; The Indian Health Service; and more)
- Options for People with No Health Care Coverage (Community Health Centers; Family Planning Clinics; Urban Indian Clinics; Prescription Drug Assistance Programs; and more)
We welcome your feedback. If you have any changes, corrections, or information you would like to see added to the workbook, contact:
Rural Institute Project Coordinator
52 Corbin Hall
Missoula, MT 59812
We want to hear from you!
We are preparing to update and revise the workbook and seek your input on what needs to be changed, added, removed, kept exactly "as is," etc. We estimate the survey will take 10-20 minutes to complete. You may print out and write your answers on the hard copy survey, or complete the survey online. Thank you in advance for your feedback and for helping us to improve this health care transition resource!The Rural Institute has not verified and does not endorse the links or the content of the links that are found on this website. These links are provided to assist the site visitor in their search for information. The Rural Institute assumes no responsibility for the validity of information provided on the links and as in all Internet use, the user should verify all information. The information on this website is current and accurate to the best of our knowledge. Please Contact Us to share additional resource information.
Page | Customized Employment |
SSA | Self-Employment | Pre-ETS
Emerging Leaders | Health | Articles & Products | Training Calendar
Completed Projects | Staff | Other Links | The Rural Institute